Required Courses5 Focused WorkshopsRegister for individual workshops to fit your schedule
Time to Complete2 monthsTime participants have to complete the entire certificate program
In today’s challenging times, strategically developing and managing employee relations has never been more critical for organizations in every industry. An increasingly important factor in employee satisfaction, engagement, and well-being, as well as overall organizational performance, the practice of employee relations supports the relationship between employers and employees, particularly managers and team members.
In this comprehensive live certificate program, you will explore a framework for conducting effective employee relations (ER) conversations with employees and managers. After gaining a foundation in employment law, you will gain the skills to help team leaders in your organization strategically manage the cycle of employee performance. Focusing on constructive ways to phrase language, you’ll develop competencies associated with emotional intelligence to solve problems and achieve higher performance as a leader.
By the conclusion of the program, you will have explored the frameworks, processes, and communication skills necessary to help you develop effective employee relations management practices, enhancing the success of your organization’s mission through its employees.
This program will be offered as live virtual sessions, along with assignments and interactive independent activities. The live sessions will include small and whole group case-study role plays as well as activities with feedback, discussions, Q&A, and sharing practices with peers. Please plan sufficient time outside of the live sessions to complete additional assignments. Networking opportunities will be provided.
Key Certificate Takeaways
- Examine the scope of employment laws that impact organizations, including strategies and preventive actions
- Practice applying a framework for conducting ER conversations with managers and employees
- Review strategies for preventing and responding to policy violations of harassment and retaliation
- Understand and apply a method of problem solving and resolving conflicts
Work strategically with managers to address employee relations issues
- Use emotional intelligence to boost staff morale and motivation, performance, feedback, and talent retention
Who Should Enroll
- Entry-level to senior HR professionals
- Employee relations managers
- Generalists seeking to move into a specialized role