Connect with Resources
Recent graduates and alumni with more experience seeking career services support can arrange a time to chat with one of our advisors.
The ILR Career Space @Canvas features career-related resources, tips, and interactive content. Email email@example.com to request access as an alum.
Connect with fellow alumni who will have more expertise to advise you in your career needs.
Cornell's job-search platform, Handshake, includes job postings for recent graduates with up to five years of experience.
We send new job postings for alumni with 5+ years of experience, either from employer partners or fellow alumni, to the ILR Alumni Association's LinkedIn group.
Hire Fellow Alumni
To post positions for recent ILR/Cornell graduates (0-5 years of work experience), use the free service available through Handshake.
To share an opportunity with experienced alumni with 5+ years of work experience, contact Johanna (Jo) Tuttle, Employer Relations Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will then be shared with the ILR Alumni Association group on LinkedIn.
Reconnect with ILR
Check out the events and activities sponsored by Cornell regional clubs and alumni associations. There are more than 80 active domestic clubs and 30 international clubs that together produce more than 1,000 events per year. Events and activities sponsored by dedicated alumni volunteers are great ways to connect with alumni to network and learn about careers in a field you may be interested in pursuing.
Support ILR Students
There are many ways that alumni can give back to ILR!
- Participate in the EXPLORE program to serve as an informal mentor or sponsor to students during experiential projects and shadowing opportunities
- Host an academic-semester long credit internship for ILR students only
- Recruit undergraduate students through the Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Network.
- Meet (virtually) with a group of students to discuss your career path, present to a student group (contact us to plan)
- Engage with the ILR Alumni Association to connect with existing programs and events
- Encourage your employer to hire ILR students for summer internships or full-time positions
- Create an account on CUeLINKS to connect with students and other alumni
We make it easy for employers to reach students through on-campus interviews, online job postings, and recruiting events such as career fairs and forums. Our employer page contains information about how to hire ILR students or you can contact us directly for help in developing a hiring strategy.