Choose your Class
Schedule & Details
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs/Affinity Groups) have emerged in the workplace as a standard component of diversity and inclusion initiatives. For many organizations, the benefits of ERGs have evolved over time from the primary intent—to provide a forum in which members of an organization who share common interests, issues, or concerns meet to address those issues—to multifaceted benefits that impact the organization's strategic diversity and inclusion efforts in recruitment, retention, mentoring, leadership development, marketing, customer relations and the bottom line.
- Fundamentals of ERGs from establishing to evolution into Business Resource Groups (BRGs)
- Best practices to follow for ERGs
- Tactical characteristics common among high-functioning ERGs
Approach and Features
Leave this workshop with an invaluable resource for managing ERGs. The methodology of this program includes pertinent content and materials, assessment and discussion. Additional resources are provided on best practices and an ERG whitepaper.
- Core competencies of effective ERGs
- Drivers of successful ERGs
- Strategic approach to ERG formation and governance
- ERGs mission and goals
- Setting expectations for ERGs
- Building an effective ERG team and allies
- Connectivity with diversity councils
- Leadership responsibilities
- Functioning as a productive member
- Sustaining and energizing ERG membership
- Methods of assessing the effectiveness of ERGs in the long- and short-term
Who Will Benefit
Diversity and Inclusion professionals, members of ERGs, EEO, AA, HR and other professionals with responsibilities relating to diversity and inclusion or creating ERGs.